Cheesy Veggie Dish
- 4 lbs total of fresh or frozen packaged carrots, broccoli and cauliflower
- 2 12-ounce cans evaporated fat-free milk
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic
- ⅓ teaspoon black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ½ cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 8-ounce package reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 ⅓ cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 4-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Place the thawed veggies in the dish. In a large saucepan, whisk together the evaporated milk, flour, pepper, garlic and onion. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly and thick then remove from heat. Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese and whisk until smooth. Pour the cheese over the veggies and toss to coat them with sauce. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the veggies and cheese then coat them lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 45 minutes until the crumbs get lightly browned. Let the vegetables stand for about 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley before you serve.
For info all our private catering services call Chef Dale at 214-212-3188 or you can email me at email@example.com
For free gift email for details.